Congregational Meeting February 17, 2021
RIVERSIDE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AGENDA
7-7:30 p.m. – Business meeting
Election of Elders
The three nominated elders will share their faith stories, followed by an election for the board of elders. We will hear from
- Jony Bell
- Kourtney Haake
- Eric Kruttschnitt
Highlights of 2020 and plans for 2021
In 2020 we needed to pivot, yet stay focused on our mission and priorities to
- Care for those in need
- Creating Ridgetop Kitchen serving meals 3 days a week
- Expanding Feed-a-Student
- Proclaim the gospel
- To our children
- With online Sunday School
- Backyard SonRise
- Home packs to help families disciple their children
- To our students
- With in person and online youth group
- Parking lot summer camps
- Hosting students to do their online classes 3 days a week
- Socially distanced in person weekly small groups and youth group
- To our community and the world
- Through parking lot worship
- Creating online worship
- Make disciples in small groups and missionary discipleship groups
- To our children
In 2021 we plan to continue to care for those in need, proclaim the gospel, and make disciples. We have put together a budget that allows us to fulfill that mission. (Note: In November, Brian shared that 2020 giving was $1,000 per week above the 2019 weekly amount. For the rest of November 2020 weekly giving dropped by $1,000, finishing the year with $560,684 given in General Offering, $7,000 ahead of 2019. The 2021 budget takes that revenue difference into account.)
Some changes from last year in the 2021 budget to fulfill our mission:
- Jesse Colon is full-time as a worship and student leader, instead of being 1/3 time in Ridgetop Coffee and Tea with the remainder in worship/student ministry.
- Shannon Kiser has been added as part-time pastor of connection.
- We are considering having a weeklong summer middle and high school program at Ligonier Camp in Pennsylvania, where we believe we can do a safe, outdoor camp. This would be in place of beach week or canceling summer programs altogether.
- We are hiring Ruth Merced, who was our SonRise Camp guest speaker in 2018, as a staff member for six weeks to run Backyard SonRise camps, similar to last summer’s programs, but with larger groups if possible.
- Continue online and parking lot worship. We are praying that by the time summer heat hits, it will be safe to move in-person worship inside.
7:30-8 p.m. -Ash Wednesday worship and prayer
8 p.m. – Dismissal and open conversation for those who want to stay